What to Expect
On Your First Visit:
- You schedule a 90-minute appointment (usually 3-4 weeks in advance)
If you have an OUT of network PPO insurance, we can check your coverage after you secure an appointment. We do not accept IN network insurance or HMO’s. We will let you know the verification once our biller verifies your coverage. Our initial session is $160 for Basic Acupuncture or $199 for Fertility Acupuncture regardless of having insurance.
Three things you’ll need to verify your insurance:
- Your Date of Birth
- Current Address
- Clear front and back I phone picture of your insurance card
All three items emailed to email@example.com
- We send you the new patient welcome email and the link to our online forms in the patient portal to fill out 2-3 days ahead of your appointment.
- You get a text reminder of your apt. 2-3 days before your apt.
- Cancellation Policy: We have a 48-hour cancellation policy. If you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, you can text/call office line within 48 hours or there is a $50 charge. No Shows are $100.
- At Time of Appointment:
- To prepare for your appointment, please eat a substantial meal of lean protein, good fats, and complex carbohydrates. Please wear loose fitting clothes because that makes it simpler to treat you.
- You consult with Tina, Mukunda or Ramona for your initial appointment.
- One of them will spend 45 minutes obtaining your medical history.
- You go into a treatment room and receive an acupuncture session based on the points that are needed for your particular health issues. The diagnosis and evaluation takes 15 minutes and the actual acupuncture treatment lasts 30 minutes.
- After you come out, you feel rather peaceful from your 90-minute appointment.
- You schedule all your follow up appointments 3-4 weeks ahead as they book quickly.
- At your next follow-up visit-Tina, Mukunda or Ramona will go over your treatment plan with you. That will include your diet, supplements, lifestyle and exercise recommendations.
- You return once or twice a week for your appointment depending on what’s being treated (ie: regular basic women’s health, natural fertility, IVF/IUI or pregnancy or postpartum support).
“Tina and Mukunda and not only amazing acupuncturists, they are absolutely the most genuinely nice and caring people I have ever known. When I first started seeing them, it was mainly for stress and anxiety as well as doing fertility treatments. I am so happy to say that now I am no longer in need of anxiety medication and I am pregnant! My first trimester started out very rough with terrible morning sickness but as soon as I started seeing them again, my morning sickness has almost completely diminished. I am so thankful that they came into my life because not only am I feeling better in multiple ways, my family is expecting a new baby and I have gained two new wonderful friends.”
“I have been treated by Mukunda and I am very happy with the results. In addition to being excellent at acupuncture I found Mukunda to have a very personal and gentle manner. He is very intuitive and knowledgeable. I have recommended Mukunda to many of my friends and recommend him highly to you!”
“I have quite the history with pregnancy loss and early delivery with my son. Tina was my birth doula and was able to help me remove the blocks and negativity I had associated with my first pregnancy through our theta sessions. I was given daily affirmations to recite and even mantras of protection for my baby and me. I was very grateful she was able to help me enjoy this pregnancy more. During labor, my baby was “sunny side up” (facing up instead of down) which causes extreme back pain. Tina was able to use acupuncture and her healing touch to take that pain away. I felt very comforted by having her there with me for my second birth.”
Traditional medicine called for drugs for my migraines, but I decided to try acupuncture with Mukunda. I'm happy to report my migraines are under control without medication. Last year I... read more
Healing light acupuncture is an amazing place to receive a healing. Dr Mukunda is friendly, knowledgeable and walks the talk! I highly recommend seeing him if you need to improve... read more
So grateful to Mukunda and Healing Light Family Acupuncture! I found myself at their office last Spring due to fertility issues. Having had a miscarriage followed by an ectopic pregnancy,... read more
I'm so happy and grateful to have found Tina and Healing Light Family Acupuncture. I've had acupuncture treatments from several other talented people, but Tina's approach is so gentle, so... read more
Tina offers a beautifully grounding approach to her supporting the psychological and spiritual within for awareness and needed transformation. She creates a safe space to explore and expand.
I... read more
My Background: 1 healthy child born in 2016, extremely low AMH, 33 years old, recurrent pregnancy loss (2 miscarriages in 1 year), slight thyroid imbalance.
I found Mukunda... read more
I went to Tina for esoteric acupuncture with no expectations except good intentions to release energy. Wow. What an experience. Tina is incredibly kind, thorough, nurturing and wonderful... read more
I met Tina through a networking group a few years back. I wanted to find a natural solution to help with some monthly body aches. I hadn't had acupuncture since... read more
I have taken my step son when he got into a car accident and he felt so much better same day. I finally made it in myself and took my... read more
Healing Light Family Acupuncture
18430 Brookhurst St #102
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
South Orange County Location
32840 PCH, Suite B
Dana Point CA 92629
© 2019 Healing Light Family Acupuncture