What to Expect
On Your First Visit:
- You schedule a 90-minute appointment (usually 3-4 weeks in advance)
If you have an OUT of network PPO insurance, we can check your coverage after you secure an appointment. We do not accept IN network insurance or HMOs. We will let you know the verification once our biller verifies your coverage. Our initial session is $160 for Basic Acupuncture or $199 for Fertility Acupuncture regardless of having insurance.
Three things you’ll need to verify your insurance:
- Your Date of Birth
- Current Address
- Clear front and back I phone picture of your insurance card
All three items were emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We send you the new patient welcome email and the link to our online forms in the patient portal to fill out 2-3 days ahead of your appointment.
- You get a text reminder of your apt. 2-3 days before your apt.
- Cancellation Policy: We have a 48-hour cancellation policy. If you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, you can text/call the office line within 48 hours or there is a $50 charge. No Shows are $100.
- At the Time of Appointment:
- To prepare for your appointment, please eat a substantial meal of lean protein, good fats, and complex carbohydrates. Please wear loose-fitting clothes because that makes it simpler to treat you.
- You consult with Tina, Mukunda, or Ramona for your initial appointment.
- One of them will spend 45 minutes obtaining your medical history.
- You go into a treatment room and receive an acupuncture session based on the points that are needed for your particular health issues. The diagnosis and evaluation take 15 minutes and the actual acupuncture treatment lasts 30 minutes.
- After you come out, you feel rather peaceful from your 90-minute appointment.
- You schedule all your follow-up appointments 3-4 weeks ahead as they book quickly.
- At your next follow-up visit-Tina, Mukunda or Ramona will go over your treatment plan with you. That will include your diet, supplements, lifestyle, and exercise recommendations.
- You return once or twice a week for your appointment depending on what’s being treated (ie: regular basic women’s health, natural fertility, IVF/IUI, or pregnancy or postpartum support).
“Tina and Mukunda and not only amazing acupuncturists, they are absolutely the most genuinely nice and caring people I have ever known. When I first started seeing them, it was mainly for stress and anxiety as well as doing fertility treatments. I am so happy to say that now I am no longer in need of anxiety medication and I am pregnant! My first trimester started out very rough with terrible morning sickness but as soon as I started seeing them again, my morning sickness has almost completely diminished. I am so thankful that they came into my life because not only am I feeling better in multiple ways, my family is expecting a new baby and I have gained two new wonderful friends.”
“I have been treated by Mukunda and I am very happy with the results. In addition to being excellent at acupuncture I found Mukunda to have a very personal and gentle manner. He is very intuitive and knowledgeable. I have recommended Mukunda to many of my friends and recommend him highly to you!”
“I have quite the history with pregnancy loss and early delivery with my son. Tina was my birth doula and was able to help me remove the blocks and negativity I had associated with my first pregnancy through our theta sessions. I was given daily affirmations to recite and even mantras of protection for my baby and me. I was very grateful she was able to help me enjoy this pregnancy more. During labor, my baby was “sunny side up” (facing up instead of down) which causes extreme back pain. Tina was able to use acupuncture and her healing touch to take that pain away. I felt very comforted by having her there with me for my second birth.”
- Jorge C.
Been coming here for a bit. Helps me out with stress and other things as well. I always feel better after a session. Wish I could go more often, but... read more
I was looking to try acupuncture after my OB suggested I try it to naturally induce labor. This was my second pregnancy and I was trying to VBAC. I found... read more
I recently took the Pleasure and Vitality class with Tina and it was amazing. I am in the medical field and it opened my eyes to so many areas of... read more
- Angel A.
I was guided here, too I have an esoteric acupuncture appointment, which turned out to be the very thing that I needed when arriving at the location for my appointment... read more
My coworker suggested that acupuncture works magic with IVF so I started looking for a good acupuncture clinic. I've been to several acupuncturists but nothing compares to the attention to... read more
Mukunda is amazing! I have been coming to see him for about two months in preparation for my egg freezing, which will take place in a few weeks. He makes... read more
- The White C.
I'm not someone who typically writes reviews, but I feel the world needs to know about Mukunda. Maybe this review will help.
Let me start off by saying that I... read more
Dr MuKunda is amazing and the atmosphere is super inviting and relaxing. I came in for the IVF package. Highly recommended.
I have been going to acupuncture since Jan 2023 and it's been a really positive, safe, and welcoming experience. Mukunda and Sue are the sweetest. They always answer all my... read more
Healing Light Family Acupuncture
18430 Brookhurst St #102
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
South County Location:
(Address given after booking)
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Follow Us on Social Media:
© 2021 Healing Light Family Acupuncture